Effective Date: April 6, 2023
If you have any questions about how we collect, use, protect, or disclose your Personal Information in connection with our Websites, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information that alone or in combination identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include information that has been deidentified or aggregated in a way that it cannot be used to identify a specific individual, (“Anonymized Data”). We use Anonymized Data in compliance with applicable laws governing such data.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you access or use the Websites, we may collect:
- Identifiers: Information such as your name, alias, postal address, email address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Regulated Data: Information such as your criminal conviction history, background checks, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Commercial Information: Products you have purchased, obtained, or considered purchasing and the content of your related communications with us.
- Internet Activity: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Sites.
- Device information: Information such as the operating system, browser type, language preferences, mobile phone number, device identifier and other similar information associated with a device used to access, use, or interact with the Websites.
- Geolocation Data: Imprecise location information, like the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address.
- Sensitive Personal Information: (a) Personal data that reveals: (1) an individual’s Social Security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; (2) an individual’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; (3) an individual’s precise geolocation; (4) an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (5) the contents of an individual’s mail, email, and text messages unless you are the intended recipient of the communication; or (6) an individual’s genetic data; (b) the processing of biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual; or (c) personal data collected and analyzed concerning an individual’s health.
- Inferences Drawn from Other Information: Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
- Other information you provide to us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Directly from You
When you access, use or otherwise interact with our Websites, such as making a purchase, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information.
From You Automatically
We may collect certain information about you automatically when you use our Websites, such as the domain name and host from which you access the internet, your IP address, your browser software, and operating system, mobile carrier, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet.
From Third Parties
We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as our web hosting providers (“Third Party Sources”). The collection of Personal Information from these Third Party Sources can occur in a variety of ways, including, without limitation:
- We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may receive Personal Information about you from third parties that provide services to us through or in connection with the operation of our Websites (“Service Providers”). Service Providers may include, without limitation, hosting providers and payment providers. We currently use Stripe to process payments when you purchase Products from us and, as such, do not directly collect or store credit card numbers. To learn more about Stripe’s policies, you can visit its website at https://stripe.com/privacy.
- When you interact with us on other platforms, including, but not limited to, social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter (the “Third Party Sites”) or share our content via the Third Party Sites, we may receive information about you from those sites. As a result, we, and third parties acting on our behalf, may share, store, use, and otherwise process any Personal Information we receive from or in connection with those Third Party Sites.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The primary purposes for which we use Personal Information are:
- Customer Service and Customer Communications. We may use Personal Information to (1) provide customer service and support, (2) respond to your requests for information about our Products, and (3) send you emails, calls, and text messages to provide you with alerts and updates about your purchases and/or engagement with the Websites.
- Business Purposes. We may use Personal Information for business purposes including but not limited to: (1) registering accounts on the Websites, (2) facilitating purchases, (3) providing information about our products and services, (4) calling or sending you text messages regarding your purchases, (5) carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts we have entered into, including, without limitation, any contracts between you and us; (6) operating and improving our Products and Websites; (7) conducting statistical or demographic analysis; (8) customizing your experience with our Websites; (9) preventing fraud; (10) assessing the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns; and (11) other business purposes permitted under applicable law.
- Marketing Purposes. We may use your Personal Information to advertise and market to you including notifying you of special promotions, sweepstakes and contests, opportunities, offers and events through e-mails, and other means.
- Law Enforcement/Legal Purposes. We may use Personal Information to cooperate with law enforcement or other legal purposes including: (1) complying with legal and regulatory requirements; (2) cooperating with law enforcement or other governmental agencies for purposes of investigations, public safety or matters of public importance when we are legally required to do so or believe that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate to protect the public interest; and (3) protecting and defending against legal actions or claims.
DISCLOSING INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
To operate our Websites and facilitate purchases of our Products, we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties including:
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with service providers including, without limitation, the parties that provide us services related to order fulfillment, marketing, data hosting, payment processing and fraud protection and prevention.
- Marketing Partners. We may share Personal Information to facilitate the delivery of targeted ads, promotions and offers to you, on and off the Websites.
- Government and Law Enforcement. We may share your Personal Information with individuals or private parties where necessary to enforce and comply with the law, to protect our property or legal rights, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent harm, and to protect the security and integrity of the Websites.
- Professional Advisors. We may share Personal Information with our professional advisors, such as our attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, and business advisors, in their capacity as advisors to us.
- We may share Personal Information with third parties at your request or with your explicit consent.
TOOLS WE USE AND YOUR CHOICES
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use these tools to learn whether the Websites are operating optimally, learn whether you are a repeat visitor to our Websites, personalize advertising, obtain valuable data and statistics about the usage and effectiveness of our Websites, and help us provide an enjoyable, personalized and innovative online experience for you. We may combine information gathered from cookies with other Personal Information.
Generally, the type of information we collect through cookies and other tracking technologies is specific to your computer or other device and includes the IP address, date and time the device accessed our Websites, what parts of our Websites were visited, your internet services provider, the device ID number, approximate geographic location, browser type, the websites you visit before and after coming to our Websites, and whether the web pages requested were delivered successfully.
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be uploaded to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies, or all cookies, through your browser settings, but please note, disabling cookies may impact some of the features of our Websites and prevent them from operating as intended. You can learn more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been uploaded to your device and how to manage and delete them, by visiting https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Analytics and Interest-based Advertising Tools
We use third- tools, including those listed below.
- Google Analytics’ Advertising Features.We have enabled and implemented the following Google Analytics Advertising Features: Search, Performance Max, Display, Shopping, Video & Discovery. To opt out of remarketing advertising provided through Google, to customize your ad preferences, or to limit Google’s collection or use this information, visit Google’s Safety Center and Google’s Ad Settings and follow Google’s personalized ad opt-out instructions. Opting out will not affect your use of the Websites.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We offer you several choices with respect to how we use your Personal Information.
- You can opt-out of receiving marketing and other promotional email communications we send you by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in most email messages from us. Your unsubscribe request or email preference changes will be processed promptly, though this process may take several days. During that processing period, you may receive additional marketing and other promotional emails from us. Please note, opting out of these communications will only apply to marketing and other promotional emails and will not apply to any email or other communications we send to you for non-marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, emails and other communications about your purchases.
- To delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With your permission, we may send you text messages we may use your information to send promotional, personalized advertising and other text messages to any mobile device connected to your mobile phone number. You can opt-out of receiving such messages at any time by responding to a text message with the word “STOP”.
We are active on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube (“Social Media”). Anything you post on Social Media is public information and will not be treated confidentially. We may post (or re-post) on the Websites and our Social Media pages any comments or content that you post on our Social Media pages. Your use of Social Media is governed by the privacy policies and terms of the third parties that own and operate those websites and not by this Policy. We encourage you to review those policies and terms before using any Social Media features provided through our Websites or third-party websites.
We also use advertising networks and services offered by Social Media companies for marketing and advertising purposes. As a result, the applicable Social Media company may drop cookies or pixel tags on your device when you use the Websites as described in the “Tools we use and your Choices” section above.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of Personal Information we collect and use in connection with our Websites. Nevertheless, when disclosing Personal Information, you should remain mindful that there is an inherent risk in the transmission of information via the internet and mobile Websites. Although we take precautions to protect against the risk of unauthorized access to your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, including your Personal Information, that you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
We do not target or direct our Websites or any portion of our Websites at children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of anyone under the age of 18, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian of someone under the age of 18 and discover that your child has submitted Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, under California’s Shine the Light Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) you have the right to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes: (1) the categories of Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; (2) the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and (3) if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services they marketed. This information may be provided in a standardized form that is not specific to you.
You are permitted to obtain this information from us once a year, free of charge. To make such a request, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line: CA Privacy Rights Request.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy may change at any time. Unless otherwise noted, those changes will be effective as soon as they are posted. If changes are made to this Policy, we will make it known on our Websites or by email and will indicate the last date it was updated above. Please check back periodically to see if our Policy has been updated.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions or feedback you have pertaining to our privacy practices, or send mail to:
P.O. Box 3126
Cary, NC 27519